JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch Avantixx 6 VarioPerfect washing machine.

I have a Bosch Avantixx 6 VarioPerfect washing machine. Having selected a programme (any programme), when the Start/Reload button is pressed, the machine gives 2 beeps and nothing happens! Can you help please. Jenny Moore
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, Jenny my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today.

Firstly can you advise if any lights flash on the washing machine when it beeps, or if any numbers are shown in the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights flash and only the length of time of the wash cycle is displayed
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks Jenny, please give me a few minutes to look up your model to find the likely cause.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If your not seeing any lights such as the start button light, it sounds like the most likely fault is with the safety check process.

When trying to start the programme, the washer performs a number of checks, one is the door is closed, another is the sensors are all operating normally. In an instance where a sensor eg door sensor fails, this will generate an error code, since your not getting any error codes shown on the display (just the programme time) this is pointing towards a control board failure.

Please give me a few more minutes, and I will talk you through a couple of options to perform a reset to see if we can get the control board to reset itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It could be the door lock - I have just fiddled and pushed it firmly and the machine is working!! How much would a new door lock or actuator cost and is it an easy diy fit!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I can certainly look for the cost of a new door lock for you, however in the majority of cases you would expect the display to show error codes 16 or 34. It may just be the door lock isnt talking to the control board properly, and thus the control board isnt generating an error code.

Please give me a few minutes, I can confirm its reasonably straight forward to fit.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The door interlocks cost around £30, in order to direct you the correct part number can you please provide me with the E-Nr and FD numbers for the appliance, they are normally located on the inner side (top) of the washing machine door.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go out now so I will be back in touch in about an hour. Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem, once I have the E-Nr I can direct you the correct part.

With regard to showing you how to replace the door lock, this is probably the simplest thing to change when it comes to hardware faults on washers. Please see the video here, and let me know if you have any questions.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay James. The E-Nr number is ***** 24366GB/59 FD 9211 600637
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the model number, the part number you require is 633765.

Please call Bosch spares on*********** and select option 2, if you give them the part number and then ask for them to double check its the interlock \ door lock for E-Nr WAE 24366GB/59.

They are the cheapest stockist, and currently offering the part for £12.84.

Should you need anything clarified please let me know, otherwise I would appreciate if you rate the service received today.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think its an easy DIY fitting job? Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Yes it shouldnt take more than 20 minutes, and all your need is a flat head and a cross head (Philips) screw driver, have a look at the video here and see if this is within your skill set, if not I can recommend someone to come out to you, I just need your postcode.