JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a panasonic telephone system modelKxTG8061E, with two

Good morning, I have a panasonic telephone system modelKxTG8061E, with two extensions, however this morning the ansaphone symbol and another green battery shaped symbol are on the top right hand side of the handset, and I have no external line out, and when calling my number, it is going straight onto the messageing service, can you help me please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks James, can you tell me what I have to do to remove the symbols and get my line back into operation - it seems the fault may lie with the ansaphone??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is it better that I telephone you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I dont seem to be getting a reply from you? are you still connected to me?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Please give me a few minutes while I look up your model number.

I am getting all your messages, just not very good at multi tasking :-)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok!
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Is the fault (answer phone and battery symbol) shown on all the phones (the extensions too)?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
James they are
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

To confirm when you call your landline, your getting through to the Panasonic answer phone and can hear yourself on the loud speaker when the answerphone takes the call?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am getting through to the anserphone, but I am just going tocall again to see if I can hear myself - can you wait a second? No, Ive tried to leave a message, but I can hear it being recorded.
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Ok so its not call screening causing the problem, it must be set to do no disturb.

Give me a few minutes and I will let you know how to switch it off.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry James, I meant to say I cant hear it being recorded, and it is not showing on the console that it has recorded the message - sorry for the confusion!
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Are you sure its the Panasonic answer phone and not you phone companies 1571 (or equivalent) service?

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I really cant check that, because I dont have a dial tone which would enable me to dial 1571 - I know there is a message on my line, I heard the fone last night when the phone was working, but I listen to it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry my typing is getting worse! meant to say that the tone was on my fone last night, but I didnt dial 1571 to listen to it, I was going to do that this morning, but ofcourse, no line
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would have accepted the offer to talk to you to see if I could get this resolved, but Im afraid the acceptance wouldnt do through?
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

No problem there should be an option (link) just above the chat window to "enter contact info".

Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Good morning Caroline further to our phone call, I can confirm that after we have disconnected all devices (phone and broadband router) from the line, the fact the line is engaged suggests there is a telephone line fault not a issue with the Panasonic phones themselves.

Please give BT a call on 0800 800 150.

James