JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Neff B44S 32 N3G Integrated Oven and need to change

I have a Neff B44S 32 N3G Integrated Oven and need to change the bulb. Is bulb replacement covered by my KnowHow support agreement (Number BGB4BJMG)? If not, where can I find instructions for replacing the bulb in this model? The glass bulb cover turns but does not seem to be detachable from inside the oven.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

Unfortunately the bulb is deemed a consumable, and not covered under the KnowHow support agreement.

Can you please clarify when you turn the glass housing anti clockwise, what happens does it reach a point where it will not turn any further anti clockwise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turns only about 10 degrees in either direction and then stops but it is not possible to pull it down from the roof of the oven in any position.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Please give me a few minute to double check the specification I have for your oven.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Instructions for changing your oven bulb can be found on the manual here, page 21.

In summary, you replace the bulb as follows:

1. Please ensure the power for the oven is switched off before attempting to remove the glass housing.
  2. Using a tea towel or some other cloth around the glass housing turn the glass anti clockwise, if its stopping after 10 degrees, its a case of applying more pressure, some times short sharp movements will free it. Its normally cased due to a build up of carbon and other debris getting into the screw thread.
  3. The glass will then unscrew fully and come away, revealing the bulb (please ensure the bulb meets the oven spec - E14 connector, 240V and rated at 40W).

Please let me know how you get on.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Knowing that it was fully anti-clockwise, I tapped it with a bit of wood and it came loose. Success!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, have a good afternoon.

James