Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I am trying to replace the belt on my Bosch Tumble Dryer

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the belt on my Bosch Tumble Dryer model wte84106gb/45. I have removed the side panels, the wired connections, and all of the screws from the front panel but cannot remove the front panel as there appears to be something in the middle near the bottom which is preventing this which I cannot see how to release. Help please.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, usually once the screws are out of the front pane, and(make sure there aren't any on the face at the bottom) you must lift upwards to have the front panel come off.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I watched a youtube clip which gave me the courage to attempt to replace the belt. In the video the guy did just lift the top half of the front cover upwards but my model is different. The whole front panel is in one piece. I am sure I have located all the screws (some hidden behind fittings and panels),but when I try to remove the cover to expose the drum there appears to be something in the middle below the drum which appears to need releasing somehow. I have tried forcing it with a large screwdriver but do not want to break anything. I have supported the drum on bits of wood so there is no pressure from the drum that is preventing the removal.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi try this one as well:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf0kht_how-to-replace-the-belt-on-a-tumble_school

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

I have done many Bosch dryer belts all there is usually are possibly some screws near the floor on the face at the lowest point on the face if there are any at all,and two hex head screws on the inside up near the top on the inside in the tracks both right and left. Also there may a couple of spring clips in there as well, you pop them if you have them, once located use a flat putty knife to pop them .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The video clip is the same one on youtube so no help. I cannot see any more screws or nuts to undo (as I said I found the hidden ones behind the door catch and vent etc). It is all plastic below the drum so I thought there might be some pushfit connector but nothing obvious that I can see.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi sorry about that. Let me see what else I can find on this model...thanks for your patience

Tech Mike

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, please try this one.

I know there are a few out there. I dont see one exactly for that one but this one should do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeQxFXprWz4

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if that one is any different or better it comes for a reputable shop.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that's the same video unfortunately. There is another guy asking the same question as me in the youtube comments but no answer yet.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I will opt out so anther tech can chime in.

I am not familiar with that exact model and I dont see the other instructions for that task.

All of my best,

Tech Michael

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I cancel the question do I get a refund?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Yes, we refund on request; please confirm and I will process that for you.
THank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In that case I will cancel the question and await a refund. I will put the money towards the cost of a repair man (or woman).