Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens dryer and there seems to be no power to it

Customer Question

I have a Siemens dryer and there seems to be no power to it - I have changed the fuse put still no joy
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
iq300
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Sorry i need the model number as iq300 is just a range.

If you open the door there should be a sticker on the inside with the details on it. It should start E-nr

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Siemens iq300
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

No sure if you got my last reply so i will post it again.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
E-Nr. WT46E384GB/27 FD 9012 200310
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now.

If the fuse is fine and i assume you have tried another socket then what you need to do is remove the top of the dryer.

From there look at the back and there you will see the mains filter which has the power cable going to it.

Check this and see if theres signs of burning on there. If it looks fine then you need a multi meter and carefully check to see if theres 230v going to it.

If there is then follow the wires from there to the main control board. Again check to see if theres power there as well.

If there is and the mains filter is fine then im afraid its going to be the control board at fault here. As there are no internal fuses inside these dryers or anything like that.

So if the display isnt lighting up and the power supply is fine then its either the mains filter or the control board at fault causing this im afraid.

So check it out if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Just wondering how you got on as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.