Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a NEFF U16E74.0GB inbuilt double oven. It was

We have a NEFF U16E74.0GB inbuilt double oven. It was switched off whilst we were on holiday and now that we have returned it will not power up. I have changed the fuse but there is still no electrical function.
Could you please advise ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

First be sure the appliance is actually getting power.

If it is, is the clock working at all, any sign of life?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi no power at all.It is switched on and I have changed to fuse.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that info.

This is a time when the main control board has failed and needs to be replaced.

They do fail like this and they do not like to have the power cut after being live for a long time. The parts inside flex from the power being removed and then they crack and this is what can happen. Its the same for most electronic devices.

I will help you replace that part, if you are just a little handy and have a few basic hand tools you can do this, there is no soldering required, it all plugs into the control board simple;-)

The best place to get a new main control board is: http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

Since there are so many different ones out there, I advise you to call them and let them pick the part for you so you get the correct one the first time for certain;-)

Also if you call, your order usually ships the same day you call. (not Sundays lol)

Please call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Kitchen Spares » Cookers & Hobs » Neff

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael - I'll give them a call tomorrow and order the part - Looks like its dinner out today. - Do I have to remove the cooker from the housing to access the board ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, lol Dinner out, not so bad?

Yes you will need to pull the oven away from the wall to access this one from behind.

But I wouldn't do that until you have the new part;-)

I wish I had better news for you ,I really do;-(

But it will be easy to replace.

Please rate kindly so I can place your question in my priority list so when you write me I see it immediately;-)

Thank you and have a wonderful day! and a great dinner even if its out ;-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael - I'll give it go tomorrow. Thanks for your help.