Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a candy washing machine. The lights are on but the

Customer Question

Hi I have a candy washing machine. The lights are on but the wash cycle will not start
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: You can hear the "door click" but the cycle will not start once the door lock is on
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # of your washer?

Also how old is your washer?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi,It's a Candy GC1682D2 it's around 2 years old.I ran a load this morning which seems to have washed fine. I tried to put another load on there is power but regardless of he cycle I select it will not run. You can hear the click of the door and it does the auto lock thing but then nothing happens and after a few minutes the door lock releases.Thanks in advance
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

Please unplug your washer for 1 full hour. Then you can re plug it in and try again.

This may solve the issue, but if it doesn't please let me know.

Sometimes the electronics in these glitches and gets confused internally due to power fluctuations.

If that works Great!

But if not, please let me know because in that case you will need a new door lock mechanism to fix this one.

If this ends up not working after 1 hour unplugged, then you will need to order a new door interlock mech.

The best place to get that part would be :http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/

I would call to place that order so they send you the correct part the first time ;-)

I will help you replace this part at no additional cost.

There is no soldering required, it just plugs in;-)

Also they usually ship the same day you call;-)

Please call Ransom Spares: 0844(###) ###-####a href="http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/" target="_blank">Home » Parts » Brands » Candy

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Great ill unplug it now and try that - fingers crossed haha
Expert:  Michael replied 12 months ago.

I'll be here fingers crossed here for you as well;-)

Please rate kindly at this time so we can remain together;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi that didn't work unfortunately i'll order the part and contact you if I need any further help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I've got the part now but I'm not sure how best to get into the body of the machine to replace it could you give me a few pointers please
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi I will check on that for you in the morning, I may be able to come up with a diagram for you;-)