Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My krups dolce gusto on/off button works very

my krups dolce gusto on/off button works very intermittently. flashes red for three flashes then turns off. flashes once then turns off. flashes 3 or 4 times then pale green light comes on but machine doesnt work. finally proper green light comes on and machine works fine. machine about 12 months old and has previously worked fine on different dolce gusto products
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Im sorry to hear that.

How long after you turn it on, does it take before it shuts itself off?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that turning on from mains or pushing on/off button?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, once you press, to start a brew cycle, how long will it stay on?

That will tell me what is wrong ;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once i start a brew cycle it may stay on permanently for maybe 10 seconds, sometimes it will flash for a number of times( see message above).then turn off, sometimes it will flash once then turn off. It seems to me as an ancient (75) engineer that there must be some sort of time inter lock.When it works, 6th or 7th go, it will flash for some dozen times then turn the correct green colour,and work
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Does it make any sounds as if it were going to brew or even heat the water in the tank, probably not?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sounds of trying to brew
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information.

One last question, how old is your Krupps machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bought on line new last November/December. Christmas present from wife. not sure if I have receipt but can probably find when it was paid for.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you , in this case, you can contact Krupps, the main brew unit has failed. But...it is still fully covered under the manufacturers warranty:-)

So they will replace the brew unit for you free of charge.

I wish I had a quicker solution, but I wouldn't pay for a new brew unit in this case as it would also void the warranty.

you can reach them for this service by calling Krupps: Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.00pm

Helpline:

UK – 0345(###) ###-####/a>
ROI –
01(###) ###-####/a>

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Sunday!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
obviously cant speak to krups till tomorrow a m . will they replace unit if I cant find receipt? very happy with your service. presumably not a lot you can do if krups dont play ball. anyway thanks for yr time
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hey, you are very welcome;-)

They will replace it anyway if you sent in the warranty card when you bought it. Also they have ways to knwo you bought it when you did;-)

Please rate kindly, no cost for that, but it is the Only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you today.

And have a wonderful Sunday!

Tech Michael ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

By the way, once you rate, you will have me for 30 days in case you need to make this repair yourself, I will help all the way;-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rate 10/10
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi you need to click the ratings button to actually rate ;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

There is no additional cost for that, but its the only way I get any credit for my time.

Tech Michael