JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The slide and hide door has come off its runners, how easy

HI, the slide and hide door has come off its runners, how easy is it to put them door back on the runners?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Morning, my name is ***** ***** will assist you with your query today.

Can you please provide me with the model of Neff oven you have, as they all have different mechanisms.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James,The number on the owners book is B45M62.0GBThe oven door number is(###) ###-####VTF
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I am still trying to locate the parts diagram, to see if something has gone amiss.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it did happen once before but only one side came out and i was able to locate the two parts back together. This time, when trying to fix it but sides popped out.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

This mechanism is rather fiddly, I will come back to you as soon as I can.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Please see the right hand side of page 19 of the manual here, this explains the fitting, can you tell me what is different in your case, so we can see how to get you back to a normal operating model.

Once I know what your seeing different to that shown in the manual I can try and replicate it on a similar model I have in the workshop.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
page 19 doesn't show that, page 45 describes "Removing and fitting the appliance door" Is that the page?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that page does show my oven exaclty.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Sorry there are two variations of the manual, I think this one shows it on page 19, so we will use the first one and follow the instrucitons on page 46 to refit the oven. When you follow the refitting instructions what are you having difficulty with and I will see if Ican supplement it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
referring to the images on page 19, i cant see any hinge locks which is odd. Please see images of the oven and the hinge mechanisms as they are now James. I hope this helps a bit
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Right so we are working to the manual as per page 45, which is the PDF document called(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The issue you have as per the images is the hinges are in a closed position, as the door has come off without the hinges being locked into place.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is there a way to unlock the hinges?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

You need to use extreme caution, as if your not careful you can catch your hand in the hinge.

What you need to do is get the hinges open by 20 degrees and then lock them in place, as per the removal instructions on page 45. This then stops the hinge from snapping shut or flying open and going in the void under the oven.

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

You can use a screw driver or other strong bar to open the hinge, and on the bottom right and left hand side of the oven you should see the large flat screw to lock the hinge in place, once the hinges are both locked in place around 20 degrees from closed, you then place the door on the hinge, and continue to follow page 46

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Encase you cant find the screw its the one located just under the torx scew on image 5231.JPG

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
cheers ***** ***** have managed to engage the two bottom nuts back on the runners of the oven door. It now slides but I need to know what to do next. Its not following the procedure exactly on the manual but I have managed to get this far. Take a look at the image.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

This doesnt look like you have aligned the hinge and door correctly.

The door should go over the top part of the hinge, I suggest you lock the hinge back, remove the door then try and slot the door from the top.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, i've gone back to how it was at the start. the only problem i have is when i pull the door to the end (as it is in the attached photos) I cant pull it clear of the oven (concerned it's going to snap or ruin it for good). Is there anything you can see from the images that I might be able to do?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Ok to clarify the door is on the rails and sliding but not able to lift up and close.

If you can lock the hinges in place that should stop the mechanism snapping.

Secondly worst case if they did snap it means you need to remove the oven and strop it down to then attach the door it has a break in place to stop it breaking the mechanism.

You need to competently remove the door, start by locking the hinges in place pulling the door and with the handle lifted try and remove it from the runners.

Once the door is fully detached its then a case of lining the door back up to the hinges which in your last photo are in a closed position.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The door is not on the rails, it's just resting on the oven floor. If it was on the rails then i reckon it would be an easy job to remove it. The problem i need to solve ir removing the door when it is not on the runner. Does that make sense James?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when it gets to point as it is in the last set of photos, it wont budge anymore
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

You probably need to lift the door up as what your look to achieve is get the bottom rail which slides the door in to bind on to the notch at the bottom of the hinge. See the diagram here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
right, i tried that it it just wont move up to lock into the notch, it wont have it at all
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i think if i had another pair of hands i could get it to engage. will have to wait till this evening for some help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Right I can see the problem, and you cant lock the hinges in place as the door is blocking the screw.

When you pull the door out fully towards you are you able to lift it upwards, you want to try and pull out and up so angle the door 20 degrees?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you've got it. tries to lift it at 20 degrees but no luck. I reckon if my wife holds the door i will be able to move the hinges and locate the notch where it needs to and then i can get the door out. That will have to be tonight
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem, just make sure you lock the bar into the hinges before freeing the door.

Otherwise you will need and engineer out to come and reset the mechanism.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
will do, thanks James
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Just wanted to see how your getting on. with removing the door?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no luck, even with it being lifted to catch onto the notch, i ant locate the nut in the runner.Will have to leave it till a Neff engineer comes out.Thanks anyway
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received.

James