JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a s9j1b integrated dishwasher that stopped mid cycle.

Customer Question

i have a s9j1b integrated dishwasher that stopped mid cycle. I removed the water from the bottom of the dishwasher, cleaned the filters and pump, reset it but all the lights are flashing and the dishwasher won't do anything. Any advice?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Can you please advise which lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
All control lights are flashing faintly
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Can you please advise of the E-NR number of the dishwasher? Its normally on a ID plate which has the model number located on the left hand side of the door.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
SGV53EO3GB/55
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Please give me a few minutes to lookup the spec of your dishwasher.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

You mentioned you cleaned the pump, do you mean you cleaned the impeller by accessing it from the filter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we removed the pump cover and cleaned away debris from inside the pump as it suggests in the maintenance and care guide of the instruction manual. i'm not sure what the impeller is, sorry.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ok, the fact the lights are all flashing and are dim would suggest a control board failure.

Since by resetting the unit as you have already suggested hasnt cleared the fault, its unlikely to be a pump or blocked waste pipe otherwise it would let you select a programme and try and pump out the water.

Give me a few minutes and I will look up the cost of a replacement part.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

A replacement control board would be around £130-150.

You can buy them from ebay here, or from a spares part company here.

Fitting the part is rather involved as you have to remove the door, and then often programme the control board modules, due to the excessive cost of parts, I would be inclined to call out an engineer to replace the part, they can then rule out faults such as a lose ribbon or wire, and check the other elements such as pump are functioning properly, rather than finding out you have fixed one fault to then find a secondary fault.

If you would like me to recommend an engineer, please provide your postcode.

James

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** know a rough idea on labour costs for something like this? my postcode is bl1 7le.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I wouldnt think its more than an hours effort, your probably looking at £40-50 call out, and probably a further £20-30 on top of the call out charge to cover the labour cost to install it.

So in total your looking at £210, for using a local firm such as Bolton Spares and Repairs, if you went directly to Bosch your looking around £150-180 as they offer a repair and protect plan, which includes parts, Bosch can be contacted on 0808(###) ###-####/p>

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance, it would be appreciated if you can rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?