JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a Bosch dishwasher, about 4 years old but seldom

Hi, we have a Bosch dishwasher, about 4 years old but seldom used, it is now faulting after about 30 seconds from start, I can here the water filling and if I open the door before it faults and manually add water it runs on till the next fill. Is there a sensor or float switch I can check, it is integral.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query.

Can you advise the model number, if any error codes are shown on the display, and which lights and flashing \ shown on the control panel.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The model is SPV40C00GB/01, there are no error codes but on faulting the spray arm light flashes.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Ok this sounds like a sensor fault, there is a flow meter which measures the water inlet into the washing machine, if this fails the dishwasher can think it is full and not let any water in.

The other likely fault is the inlet valve, however I would expect the inlet \ water light on the control panel to light up if this had failed.

Please give me a few minutes to try and track down the cost of a new flow meter.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The £15.14, part can be ordered from Bosch spares on 0344(###) ###-#### selecting option 2, providing your ENR SPV40C00GB/01 and requesting a new flow meter switch. Its worth noting it can take 5 minutes for them to answer.
As you have to strip the unit down to fit it, I would suggest you call out an engineer, if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend a engineer in your area.
James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Postcode DN31QA
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

I would recommend GKS on 01724 711373 they charge a £20 call out fee, and offer very low labour charges, I would think your looking at less than £50 for call out and labour.