JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Rob I have a Siemens s14 38 washing machine with a code

Hi Rob
I have a Siemens s14 38 washing machine with a code error saying f-43. The machine is 6 yrs old. I'm debating whether to get it repaired or bin it and buy a new machine. What would your advice be having had experience with these code errors?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Rob, my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query today.

Please give me a short while to lookup your product specification, and see if I can determine the likely cost for repair.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

On looking up the fault code it suggests a motor fault, based on the age of the unit and the fact that Siemens is a rather fault tolerant brand I believe the most likely issue is the carbon brushes in the motor have worn down, and simply need replacing.

Please give me a little longer while I track down the part number and give you a cost but it is looking likely this would be a straight forward (and not very costly repair).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks JamesI have tracked down the relevant brushes at espares and ordered them. Thanks for your advice.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

The part you need is around £30, its about 30 minutes effort to change. Labour cost can change significantly depending on your area, if you provide me with your postcode I can give you a quote for labour costs.
You may also be able to get a few extra washes out of the machine by clearing the code, if it does work, you will still however need to change the brushes.

Set selector switch to off then turn the selector switch to the 6 o'clock (spin) position. Then press and hold the spin speed selector button whilst turning the selector switch one more click to the 7 o'clock (drain) position. Release spin button then turn selector to off.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Perfect, thanks for your help. I have ordered the parts and will attempt at replacing them myself (I'm pretty good with parts etc). If I get into trouble I will get back to you. Thanks.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

No problem, have a look on you tube such as the video here, its not a big task.

Remember to perform the reset process above once you change the brushes.