Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My aunt has a 1996 manufactured Tricity Bendix BD911W/1

My aunt has a 1996 manufactured Tricity Bendix BD911W/1 cooker, serial number FBU60300027. The white hob control knobs have lost the numbers that were printed on them - they have been rubbed off over years of use. She would like to replace the knobs in order to get the numbers back and I've said I will try to buy some for her. In my online search of spare parts I have found 'universal' and apparently 'genuine' knobs which claim to fit the BD911W/1 hob but none appear to have numbers matching those on the knob I photographed which had a few numbers just visible. Is there any way I could track down the right knobs, even if taken from a discarded cooker?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** in the UK - if you look rating label you should see a PNC number that starts(###) ###-#### the last number will be either a 0 or a 1 could you let me have this please.

I have now had time to look at both versions of the cooker, in both cases the knobs do not have the numbers printed upon them but they have an attached bezel that fits on the back of the knob. The bezel is no longer available and classed as obsolete. In the past we have used the universal knobs and just marked them up with a marker pen. As a final search you could try this company that deals in second hand appliance parts -***@******.*** -

Good luck in your search.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Ian. Unfortunately my 96 year old aunt lives near Poole, Dorset and I live near Aylesbury, Bucks so I won't be able to have a quick look at the rating label. Would it be easy for my aunt to find and read the label without pulling the cooker out? She was able to give me the serial number FBU60300027 which I believe she found printed in the cooker manual - would that enable you or Electrolux to identify the PNC number?
Having now read your later response about the bezel, I'm having difficulty relating that to the photos I took when I was last down in Dorset. I've attached these in case they help. I wonder if someone has already replaced the original knobs with universal knobs? It sound as though I will need to use a marker pen on her existing knobs although the numbers that are visible don't appear to be hand written. Any thoughts?

Could you ask Your Aunt to check the model number again please, the BD911W/1 is listed as a built in oven not a hob unit - Ian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh dear - it sounds as though she has picked up the user manual for her oven and not the hob! As you can see from the '... hob 2' photo I attached, the hob is separate and built in to her work surface. I don't suppose the photo gives you enough to identify the hob? I'll give her a call and ask her to see if she can find a hob manual or further details that are specific to the hob. Sorry this is proving far from the straight forward exercise I envisaged when I was last with her! Thanks for your help and your patience. I'll get back to you when I have more detail.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We may have made progress! My aunt has now found a reference to model number HH352B/W which sounds appropriate for a Halogen Hob.

OK there seems to be two different types of knob, I would suggest perhaps 3 as normal single element rings and 1 dual circult ring. The part number for the single circuit is(###) ###-####and the dual circuit(###) ###-#### If you Google them they seem to be available on Amazon and Ebay. Hope that helps. Could I now ask that you rate the information given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me for further information if needed. Many thanks for using JA and have a good evening - Ian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks for your help. I have downloaded the Operating and Installation Instructions manual for the HH 352 B/W hobs which confirms that I need 3 single circuit knobs and 1 two-circuits knob. I have found both knobs at buyspares.co.uk but, apart from being brown rather than white, which is not a show stopper, the numbers ascend in ant-clockwise order whereas on my aunt's hob and in the manual they ascend clockwise so they don't seem to be quite the right parts - although far closer than anything else I have found. I have therefore sent a message to Electrolux via http://shop.electrolux.co.uk/enquiry/Contact+U to ask for their help and am keeping my fingers crossed! I certainly feel much closer to finding a solution thanks to your help.