JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hiya! I have a Samsung fridge freezer RL39WBNS it's making

Hiya! I have a Samsung fridge freezer RL39WBNS it's making crackling noise non stop. If I switch the appliance off and on its OK fo 15 minutes and it's noises again. The appliance seems to be working fine it's just the noise. Plz help. Tim
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tim m name is***** will assist with your query this evening.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

There are a number of causes for such sounds, the most likely is a build up of ice behind one of the back housings (out of sight), when was the unit last defrosted?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Two other things to consider are, is there sufficent space at the rear for the radiator expel its heat, and secondly sufficient from (few mm is all thats needed) left and right to let the fridge expand and contract.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tnx. Have turned it off to defrost and will let u know result in 48hrs.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem I will await to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hiya! I turned off appliance to defrost now getting rd error on display how come?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan comes on and flap spins for 5 secs and stops then rd flash
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Tim an RD message suggests a fridge defrost error, which is often to do with ice in the air duct to take coolant from the freezer, and the self defrost not clearing it. However in your case as the unit has been defrosted recently its most likely a motor failure, which may be why the fan doesnt spin for more than 5 seconds.

The most common parts to fix the fault would be a new sensor, damper, motor or heater that's needed to be fitted.

As such this looks like a hardware fault and I would look to call out an engineer, if you provide me a postcode I can recommend someone in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Notts ng8 1na tnx
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning sorry for the delay in responding, I would suggest you use ACES on 07970 806 095.

They can attend for £36 call out fee, then its a further £24 plus parts to repair it, so your looking around £60 in labour costs.