JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

MY s2r7b pump not working

MY s2r7b pump not working
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query this evening

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Can you please assist me in tracking down the exact model you have by providing the ENR which should be on the rating plate of your dishwasher

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi, its an S2R7b ENR SKT 5002GB/02 F8104 00335 2.3 KW
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Many thanks please give me a few minutes to find the spec

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Can you hear the pump running, when it tries and pump, and can you confirm the waste pipe is not blocked?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
iT'S NOT MINE ITS MY DAUGHTER'S, APPARENTLY THERE'S A LOUD HUMMING NOISE SO MAYBE PUMP SEIZED WASTE PIPE LOOKS OK TO ME? I'VE JUST TAKEN THE COVERS OFF ETC NOT POWERED IT UP YET. WAS LOOKING FOR TIPS BEFORE I START TOMORROW?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i TAKE THE PUMP PUSHED WATER UP TO SPIN WASHER ARM AND SWITCHES TO PUMP WASTE OUT OR ARE THERE TWO PUMPS?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

There are two pumps circulation which is a the larger of the two, and waste pump.

A replacement waste pump can be found here.

Looking at the size of it, you can see why it wouldnt last very long.

Suggest we keep the question open and you can come back to me if you have any issues, however as a starter I would strip it down use a multi meter to check your getting voltage to the pump, this proves its not the circuit \ sensors at fault. If your not getting voltage then you need to look at the float sensor which should be a reed switch located where the inlet valve is.

James

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok float switch looks free, will get to the pumps tomorrow, with two pumps it might be a cycle problem?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Sorry I have made a rather big assumption here when I saw "pump not working" are you referring to the water not being pumped out or the fact water isnt being circulated in the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's both I think, water not being circulated and not able to pump out? Daughter been tipping machine up to empty!
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

I see you will probably find this link here, the most useful piece of information I can share with you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thanks will print off and have a go tomorrow?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

No problem, I will await to hear back from you.

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No luck so far? Checked all hoses etc, cleaned float chamber, cannot see anything physically wrong? Powered up with cover off although no water attached and door open, the circulating pump runs but I think not fast enough so wondering if it's a two speed pump? One for circulating till heater has done it's job, then faster to push water up to sprinkler? Programme motor is running so I'm a bit baffled. will have to run water supply to it and see if I can spot anything with covers off? Was thinking of pulling heater unit out to see if there is a blockage? Might be a bin job and get another?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

The pump should run at one speed, it sounds like there may be a blockage\flow restriction or maybe the impeller is slipping causing the issue.

I dont like your chances with the heater as they are normally moulded units so you cant really get to them, but you could try and put water through it and see what the flow rate is like, the heater is a £55 part which can be purchased here.

The fact you have two faults (not circulating) and also not draining means your looking at a new waste water pump in addition to either a new circulation pump or heater.

By in large the dish washer is a modular unit, so very diffiuclt to clean them or remove blockages. I think you are probably at the point where it would be uneconomical to repair.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's approx 8 years old and without expert knowledge I don't want to buy spares when I can pick up another although not a Bosch for under 200.00? I'll have a play for another couple of days, I'm now retired so go out to garage have a play for an hour, then leave till next day?? Thanks for your help.Dave
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good luck Dave, as I say I think your looking at spares totalling around £100, and I would think the unit is approaching end of life at 8 years.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received, please feel free to come back to me if you have any questions once you have cleared the pipes and checked the flow rate through the different components.

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Morning, I rigged up water supply and proved no blockages through heater etc. Somehow I triggered the outlet pump and soaked garage floor so there's nothing wrong with that pump! I keep going back to circulating pump? Could not get any pressure, oump is running but I think too slow or impeller problems? Will take the motor out on Monday and inspect?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

If the pressure is low from the circulation pump that would be a fault to investigate, what I find strange is that the original fault was it wasnt pumping out, however maybe that was just because it handnt completed a cycle due to the circulation pump failing.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just a thought before I pull pump out, would you know the RPM the motor should run at? I have a Tachometer and could put it on the end of shaft?
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

I am afraid Bosh dont provide this information to engineers, I think in hope we dont find alternative motors.

Obviously if you can find the model of motor you can probably google the spec of it, some times the motors will have a RPM on the rating plate.

James

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
James, just got pump out to find the impeller is broken, starting to look for spare, do you know whether I can buy the it separately with out having to buy whole unit?