JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Samsung washing machine model number WF90F5E5U4W IT

Customer Question

I have a Samsung washing machine model number WF90F5E5U4W IT HAS ALL ITS NUMBERS BUT ITS SERIAL NUMBER HAS BEEN REMOVED. It is under a year old can I still find its serial number using the other numbers ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening my name is ***** ***** will assist you with your query this evening.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately not, the serial number is ***** to the machine. The other numbers relate to the model, release and production batch.

In a lot of cases the invoice \ packing note which came with the machine often provides the serial number, or failing that if you pull the machine out, some time there is another rating plate on the rear of the machine.

May I ask why your trying to track down your serial number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Samsung washing machine model number WF90F5E5U4W it has all its numbers including its man date but the serial number has been removed. Can I obtain the serial number from the other numbers to get it repaired under warranty?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

As stated above the other numbers can not be used to determine the serial number.

Should you need to arrange a repair if you have proof or purchase they will often accept this if you can find the serial number, however it does sound like you have a reconditioned unit if the serial number is *****

I havent had issues in the past organising repairs without providing the serial number, have you checked the rear of the appliance to see if there serial number is ***** the rear rating plate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I am a landlord and bought 5 washing machines new but perhaps slightly used and one is not working and needs an engineer but cannot find a serial number any idea why that might be ? Why would someone remove the serial number ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
of course it just seems odd not reconditioned appears new without packaging..
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Serial numbers often get removed if they are stolen (since if a shop will know the serial numbers for the ones which were taken), another reason is some time the machines are reconditioned, others some times are insurance right off's. In the vast majority of cases any appliance which has had the serial number removed is not for a genuine reason, and often relates to some degree of fraud (in my view), I imagine you got them for a good price too, and not from a super store such as Currys.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's exactly what I thought. Not expensive, but I would be very annoyed with the company who sold them if they were stolen and would report them to the police.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not from Currys cost for this calibre of machine prohibititive for rental
Properties.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I have a property portfolio myself and know what you mean, when you dont own it you dont look after it.

Give the service centre a call they shouldnt have an issue coming out to see you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried but they will not without the serial number hence my contact to this site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you make any other suggestions??
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

As I see it, should all 5 machines not have a serial number you need to go to the supplier and demand a valid serial number from them.

Failing that you can complain to Samsung, as its not unheard of for customer to have the label come off or get worn away.

I know of two cases this year where they have attended on warranty repairs without a serial number.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

But to confirm you have already checked the rear of the machine (in addition to inside the washing machine door) for the rating plate which details the serial number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked there is a label inside the door there are numbers but not SN numbers also there is another label with TN number Dt manufact in March this year and a PCD and DP number, why would a re conditioned machine have the serial number be removed?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

A reconditioned unit may have serial numbers removed as they could be made from multiple spares, eg a spare door from another faulty machine etc.

There are instances where machines go faulty such as a leaking door, or cracked glass window so they swap the entire door then the broken part is then stripped down and repaired.

Regardless its not factory reconditioned, it will be reconditioned by a warehouse which buys up machines in bulk.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?