Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My parents have a Hotpoint larder fridge RLA34P and it's not

Customer Question

Hi my parents have a Hotpoint larder fridge RLA34P and it's not defrosting its building up on the back panel, any advice please
Cheers
Julie
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Julie my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query this morning

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Can you please clarify what you have done to defrost the fridge until now, or is it more the fact the automatic defrost isnt doing its job properly?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have just spoken to them, they have turned it off, cleaned it out and cleaned drain hole, turned down the temperature and seems to be better, I will contact you if this is no better
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem, on some variants of the RLS34P there is a temperature gauge on the bottom right of the fridge which shows when its optimum. In most cases if its not self defrosting its because when the fridge compressor switches off the fridge isnt losing enough coolant to melt the frost on the back wall, this is often an issue when fridges are left in cold places, or has infrequent use.

It should take around 6 hours for the temperature to stabilise, I will await to hear back from you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I wish they would of told me they thought they'd sorted it before I troubled you!!!! I will definitely use your site again