JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Beko condensor dryer not heating

beko condensor dryer not heating
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The most likely cause is the element has failed if your getting power to the dryer, are any warning lights or error messages shown on the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there. i have checked the element and it is very obvious on this one if there is a fault on it. the tocs are ok. one is a reset with a button and the other is actioned at a high temp. i have only checked for live power. there are several sensor on this machine.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Regardless of the sensors can you please clarify exactly what you have tested and how.

The first thing to check is your getting a voltage to the element terminals.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there. there only seems to be live feed to the element. i have checked the pump and general wiring. the pcb looks ok. the only cause i can see is the build up of fluff in the pump area.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If your getting a live at the element then the dryer is getting warm.

Run the dryer, and check the element is getting hot, if it isnt, then replace the element.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Should the element get hot, then the other likely fault will be the condenser, if its not drying its most likely due to the moisture not being removed from the drum.

Let me know how you get on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok will order element and try. one toc must be an ntc. may be faulty rating. thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there. i can not rate this

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Apologies try now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there, i fitted a new element but it is still not heating. can you please help me further with this.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You need to run the dryer and check the voltage going to the terminals of the element, the dryer isnt overly complex, if its not pushing a voltage out to the element then it must either be the control panel or the thermostat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i had said before that i could only find a live feed to the element and not nuetral.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Can you send me a picture of what your looking at in terms of the wires going to the element, its looking likely you will need to call an engineer out if you can find the return parth of the circuit for the element

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am going to buy a sensor first and will get back to you. i did think you where on to something with the element as one of the stats is an ntc but i have seen a lot of these elements on sale used as they did not fix the problem.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I will await to hear back from you, but checking online I cant see any known fault which have the same symptoms as your describing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi there, i have looked at the main module and cut off the tops of the square relays and found that one was burnt out. will need to replace the board.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Attached is the wiring diagram, in terms of the PCB, this can be ordered from here for around £70