JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have just removed and cleaned my Bosch oven door but when

I have just removed and cleaned my Bosch oven door but when I go to refit it I find that the 4 rollers (2 each side) are in the vertical position ie above each other making it impossible to refit the door.
Your help please
Jon
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Jon my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Is your door a standard type where it lifts down or is it a slide and hide type (where the door disappears under the oven when open)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
slide and hide
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok the thing to check is the bar right runs from left to right is secured in the lugs under the hinges, see image below where the bar is not secured in place

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The door is exactly like the photo you sent with the rollers vertically above each other making it impossible to slide the door onto the rollers.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Did you remember to lock the hinges in place using the screw, as it appears the hinges have sprung closed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the hinges have sprung closed. Just clarify how the hinges are locked with the screw.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

There is a mechanism inside the oven body, each model is different, but its normally a large flat head screw just under the torx screw.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

You will need to use force to bring the hinges back to 90 degrees, I often use some large pipe I place over the top of the hinge and leaver it down, please use extreme caution so not to trap your hand.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The screw below the Torx screw is a grey plastic button which turns 90 deg. but appears to have released the rollers. I can force the rollers to take up an inclined position against a spring but unable to hold them in that position.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

The button is what should hold them in place, so with one hand you hold it in place then the other you turn the button to secure it in place

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have tried that but the button does not seem to lock the rollers.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

It appears this part may have failed, can you confirm the model of oven you have please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The E Nr is B58CT28NOB/08 & FD 9512
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Please give me a short while to look up the specific model

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about the delay, I have been trying to find the correct ENR turns out the 2nd from last character is a zero not an O.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

We need to follow the insurrections on page 26 of the manual here.

I assume the hinges are still in an upright (closed position), in the absence of the door bring one hinge at a time down to 45 degree, then turn the screw, if this doesnt lock it, it suggests this has failed (which may be why they had sprung closed in the first place).
Should the locking mechanism for the hinge not work I would use some wood or similar to wedge the hinge open at 45 degree either side, then slide the door on half way, at which point I would then remove the wood and push the door the rest of the way on. Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All now working, wedging the rollers open solved it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Excellent, sorry I didnt get a chance to phone you.

If the door is now working appreciate if you can rate the service received, otherwise please let me know and I can call you now.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.