JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Our Heki 4 dometic roof light has stopped operating. We have

Our Heki 4 dometic roof light has stopped operating. We have changed the batteries and given the points a bit of WD40 all to no avail. Do i need to buy a new control box ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query. Are you activating it via the remote control or directly on the unit?

When trying to open it, can you hear the motor trying to work?

Is the unit completely dead, in such that not only will it not open but the lights do not come on?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Instructions found here explain on page 29 how you can test the remote control using a digital camera.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It really is my husband you would need to talk to but unfortunately we are farmers and at the moment our working hours are & am - 11 pm. Therefore theres no time to actually talk to you.
The whole thing seems dead it isn't making a noise anywhere. Thats why we wondered if the actual hand held control box either needed re coding again or even a new one.
Sorry its our busy time but hoping to go away at end of Octber and we won't be using it i know but my husband just moans if something doesn't work.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

No problem, appreciate its long working hours for the both of you.

This is most likely to be a power fault, I would start by checking the fuse as per page 32 of the manual (I have included the instructions below).

8.4 Replacing the fuse

➤ Disconnect the power supply from the vehicle to the roof light.

➤ Remove the ventilation grille and the lamp covers.

➤ Replace the fuse (1) (plane fuse 10 A) in the power supply line of the roof window.

➤ Clip on the ventilation grille and the lamp covers.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He's already done that and so has my son apparently.
They have just run out of ideas. They are thinking it's the control box as the bedroom lights don't work from it and haven't done for a while. Apparently the lights packed up first.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Yes this would make sense, the parts are difficult to source so you most likely going to need to get an engineer to site.

What is your postcode and I will see if there is an engineer in your area.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry I sent you my postcode but here it is again.
LN1 2PLIf no near engineer we will just buy a new control box I think.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

There doesnt appear to be any engineers who can come to site, but the nearest Dometic service service centre is 20 miles away here, I will give them a call Monday and get you a quote for repair.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No sorry we have decided to make it into a manual rooflight so we don't need any further help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received so I may close the case.

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think James helped us as much As he could under the circumstances. What he said was good but unfortunately we had tried everything and we have now decided to get in touch with Heki themselves before we change it all together.
Didn't feel we got our money's worth tho.