carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

Dyson DC25 ball type.Brush-head not turning

dyson DC25 ball type.Brush-head not turning
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today, I understand you have replaced the brush, can you confirm this spins freely by hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
motor is working head just not turning
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

What level of suction are you getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when you push cleaner forward head turns but not on return sweep
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the friction is to great, unfortunately without seeing it I cant really suggest a solution, so will opt out in favour of another engineer.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. The dc25 has a few common problems with the head. The motors do burn out also they have a problem with the cables that supply the power to the motor snap as they enter the ball housing.

Would you be looking to repair the motor yourself? Changing the motor in the head is not too difficult it takes me about 15mins. repairing a broken cable is a little more fiddly.

carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.