Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Washing machine model IWE 81681 at end of cycle machine

Washing machine model IWE 81681 at end of cycle machine stops at one minute the door Symbol will not switch off. Although I turn off the machine and turn it on again the symbol remains on and I cannot open the door.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you leave it do you end up getting an error code comming up F??

Also if you turn it off and wait a few minuites will the door release and open then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have switched it off and tried again . No error code coming up. Constant red light. Just want to get my washing out!i help
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

So i assume you cannot open the door.

What you can try is remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and on the far right next to the filtter you will see a green plastic pull tab.

Pull that tab and at the same time pull the door handle and see if that opens the door and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.on removing the trim annpd pulling
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok i assume you have got the door open?

If so if you could remember to rate the answer i gave that would be great.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.sorry not yery good at using this IPad.A long message was written this morning but, on being interrupted it was lost before being finished.Thank you.Yes, the panel was removed, the tab pulled and the door opened.Even the red locked sign went out! After learning how to empty the water the machine seemed back to normal. Unfortunately,in the meantime a new machine had been bought. A pity your advice was not received sooner,but a few lessons have been learnt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Om