JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a hotpoint os897 oven the fan heater element doesnt

I have a hotpoint os897 dix oven the fan heater element doesnt work i have taken it out it works! There is no power at the wires does this point to control board (pcb) fault?
Regards Rik
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Rik,

My name is ***** ***** will assist with your query today.

The two most likely causes are either the function selection switch has failed so when you set it to oven its not sending power to the heating circuit. The other potential fault will be with the thermostat, so it thinks the oven is already at the required temp.

Can you hear a click when you set set the temperature gauge to 200 degrees for example, and another click when you set it to zero?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James
Thermostat works ok. Bypased it and still no result, anyway it is nuetral l have not got at the element. I have nuetral to pcb board and nuetal from board to work all fans and top element (inside ring) but not to the fan element or the outside ring on top element
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The neutral would normal be shared with all the elements, where does the neutral go to that

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Live feed to both elements via thermostats ok. Nuetral to pcb board then via seperate wires to top element inside ring ok, to both fans ok, to top outer element no power and to fan element no power. This is the same on either top bottom or full oven which use seperate switches so cant be switch fault so l can only presume pcb problem although can't see any hot spots
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

There arent any fuses in the circuit, so I would agree with you its most likely to be a PCB fault.

Have you performed an continuity check to make sure the cable hasnt failed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yep no problems with cables so I will order a new board. will let you know outcome when it arrives thanks for confirming my suspissions
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem Rik,

Will await to hear back from you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi james
got new board but it is new upgraded one, mine is no longer avaliable it doesnt work aparently it has to be re programed what does that involve.
Rik
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hotpoint boards often require a hotpoint engineer to come to site to programme them, normally you can buy them pre-programmed for an extra £20.

Have you asked the seller if they offer one pre-programmed, I dont fancy your chances doing it yourself, as unlike Zanussi where you can programme them by going into an engineering manual, my understanding is Hotpoint need a specific smart card.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have now found a supplier with an old type board so that should work I will then resell the latest one, here's hoping