Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a building with 92 flats and each one has a combo

we have a building with 92 flats and each one has a combo microwave in the kitchen we have replaced 14 of them in the last 4 months , the microwaves are purchased from Italy and the plugs are changed to uk standard , do you have any ideas why they keep breaking down ? could their be a voltage problem ?
the microwaves are candy mic2001ex
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

please explain what is happening when they break down? Breakdown how?hi shouldn't be a voltage issue unless the supply you have is unstable for some reason, voltage spikes etc.

Also who has been fixing them? Because they are still all fully covered under the warranty;-)

Sincerely

Tech Michael;

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They just stopped working completey , one was burnt out , one of them keeps tripping the consumer units , the warranty may not be valid as we had to change the plugs from the EU plug to the uk plugs i.e. cutting the cable, voids the warranty ?
so not sure why they keep breaking down , but just wanted to be sure that microwaves that are imported are not causing the problem first and what i can do to try and asses the fault.
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for that information.

I did some research and found that they had a bad batch of microwave ovens go out.

I would contact Candy for a replacement or a refund on these. They are aware of the problem so I doubt it has anything to do with how you hooked them up. not your fault ;-)

Its best to use the contact info in the user manuals and on the warranty card as well for this for fastest service.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok how do we verify that a bad batch went out ??
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I was able to contact the manufacturer to find out what might have been wrong and I passed that on to you as they told me this lol.

They will honor the warranty and either fix or replace tall of them.

Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.