JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have Zanussi ZWD16270W1 which works perfectly - except

I have Zanussi ZWD16270W1 which works perfectly - except that after each use it 'sulks' for several hours - there is no display when the program selector knob is engaged (although sometimes there is a very faint and unintelligible change in the display panel).
Does this suggest something that can be economically fixed?
Thanks, Peter.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Peter, this most likely sounds like a PCB \ control board failure, most likely its not processing inputs correctly, and locking up, until it times out.

The cost of a new control board is around £140, you then looking at £50-100 in labour costs to have this installed, depending on your location.

I would therefore suggest you do not proceed with the repair as the cost for replacement makes it uneconomical.

Please provide your postcode if you would like a recommendation for an engineer to repair the unit

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James, sorry for the delay. Your assessment was, of course, not the one I was hoping to hear. I'm still a bit puzzled - what sort of control board fault would allow the machine recover normal operating function when left overnight (with the selector switch in the 'Off' position)?
P.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

In the majority of cases if it resolves over night, it would be a lose connection (which would mean it will reoccur in the near future).

All other errors (which self fix over night), are normally due to sensors which have gone out of range, eg flood sensor or temperature sensor, and just being unplugged for a few hours allows them to re-calibrate (to a degree) when the machine is next turned on at the wall.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
P.