Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I HAVE A HOTPOINT TUMBLE DRYER TCM580P WITH SERIAL NUMBERAND

Customer Question

I HAVE A HOTPOINT TUMBLE DRYER TCM580P WITH SERIAL NUMBER###-##-####AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW (1) IS THIS A SAFETY PROBLEM AS I WAS INFORMED SOME MONTHS AGO (2) I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN IN USE THE MACHINE BECOMES VERY LOUD AS IF GEARS ARE GRINDING AND THIS DOES SEEM TO OCCUR WHETHER SMALL OR LARGE LOAD IS BEING DRIED.
YOUR COMMENTS WOULD BE APPRECIATED?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Its not a a safety issue as that unit has safety sensors inside to prevent any problem like that.

But... the fact that it sounds so bad, like grinding gears when there are no gears in this one means you need new drum rollers and if you continue to use it like that you will likley burn out the motor.

This one really does need a service call to fix this unless you are handy and have the tools for this task. If so , I will help you all the way with this repair. I would have the rollers replaced as well as the belt and a good clean out so all will be good for a few more years with trouble free operation;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael