JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Baxi combi 105he when the heating is on the the pressure

Customer Question

baxi combi 105he when the heating is on the the pressure increases to the point where the relief valve cuts in and the pressure goes to zero if you re pressurise the system the same thing happens.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** will assist with your query.

Are you able to see the pressure increasing on the read out, and if so how many bar does it get before the valve kicks in?

It sounds like the release valve isnt working properly, as it should only release the pressure up to a point, in order to retain around 2 bar, it may just be the valve isnt closing fast enough.

In terms of whats causing the increase in pressure in the first place is most likely the expansion vessel needs to be pressurised, as it has a membrane which should adapt to the pressure of the water, failing that it may need to be replaced which is about £80 in parts.

Since this is a gas appliance you will need a gas safe engineer to attend, and carry out the work, if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend an engineer in your area.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you in the last few days, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?