Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

TO REPLACE A CRACKED GLASS COOKING TOP ON MY INDUCTION

HI , I'M LOOKING TO REPLACE A CRACKED GLASS COOKING TOP ON MY INDUCTION COOKER 49106IU-MN . I'D LIKE TO KNOW IF THE GLASS IS BONDED TO ANY PART OF THE INDUCTION ASSEMBLY OR ANY OTHER NASTY SURPRISES I MIGHT ENCOUNTER OR WILL IT JUST LIFT OFF ONCE I'VE REMOVED THE THREE SCREWS EACH SIDE OF THE ASSEMBLY . ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED CHEERS NIGEL
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

These induction hobs are very easy to remove the glass tops.

As all you do is remove the screws around the side that you see and then it just lifts off. Its not bonded at all so once the screws are remove the glass top just lifts off from there and you can swap it over no problem.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sorry my mistake i thought it was just a hob only didnt relise it was a full cooker.

If you can post the product number (pnc) off the sticker on the frame when you open the door i can get you the service manual which shows you how to dismental it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKS DANIEL , MODEL NUMBER 49106IU-MN ,SERIAL NUMBER 433 03317 , PNC948904055 , ANY DIAGRAM WOULD BE USEFUL ,CHEERS NIGEL
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

sods law that model isnt showing the strip down manual im afraid.

But to be honest there not that bad anyway to replace.

Open the top oven door and remove the screws on the underside of the hob at the front.

Then at the very back theres another 2 screws.

Now you can lift the top up.

Twist it to the side and then you will see the heater plates and the touch control board. Theses are just clipped into the frame so you can release them from there and swap it over to the new hob.

These are still not bonded so it will come off pretty easy to be honest with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK , THANKS FOR THAT , I'LL JUST TREAD CAREFULLY BUT LOOKS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD CHEERS NIGEL