JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Trianco Greenflame 28 Biomass Boiler - the boiler

I have a Trianco Greenflame 28 Biomass Boiler - the boiler has been working without any problems to heat water however I have turned on my central heating and the boiler keeps shutting down with error code 34 (vacuum error below minimum threshold). Any ideas?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Please give me a few minutes while I look up the engineer manual for your boiler

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Iain sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I assume you have followed the instruction in the operators manual to clear the fault -

"Er34 – Low vacuum pressure – Clear the error by holing button B for 3 seconds. Turn off the time clock for 10 seconds before switching on again."

If the fault is still present, this is most likely a sensor fault in the flue or the fan which creates a vacuum has failed, it may also be worth checking the flue hasnt become blocked.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks. I have reset the boiler as suggested however after running for several hours when an increased power level is required for the central heating the fault re occurs. I will get an engineer out to check the sensor etc.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem, this certainly suggests there is a fault, and at least you know you can induce it by putting it under load.

When the engineer attends its worth asking them to do a service as it may just be a case of needing to clean the flue or sensor.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received today.

James