JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I am thinking of buying the AEG T61275AC ProTex Condenser

Customer Question

I am thinking of buying the AEG T61275AC ProTex Condenser Tumble Dryer from ***** ***** and it offers the option of buying tumble dryer connection at £8. What connects to what? Don't I just plug it in and go? Thanks.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your query today.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am moving house and thinking of buying the AEG T61275AC ProTex Condenser Tumble Dryer from ***** *****. They mention an optional connection fee of £8. I thought you just plug the appliance in and that's it? Do I need this? Thanks.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

This is a condensing dryer, so it doesnt need to be plugged into a vent.

Some people have their dryers plumbed into the waste, so you dont have to keep emptying the waste water from the dryer, however this often requires a installation kit, in this case I assume the £8 is to un-box it, and plug it in. So if your happy to move it about and plug it in you dont need it, as it will work simply by plugging it in.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK thanks for that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to put it in an airing cupboard which has space for it but there is no power point. I presume I would have to run an extension from the nearest point say in the bedrooms?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Probably silly question but I am a woman on her own! Would it be easy enough to get an electrician to put a power point in the cupboard?
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Most airing cupboards already have power so they may be able to spur off one of the electrical circuits, or if the airing cupboard back on to a socket in a bedroom just connect into that with very little fuss.

Another option would be to drill a hole through the wall and just pop the wire through for the extension lead, and re-terminate the plug on the other end (a handy man could do that for you).

Clearly the preferred option would be to install a single socket in the airing cupboard.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

No problem, appreciate if you can rate the service received today.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?