JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Beko DCU 8230. The dryer is not working and all the

Customer Question

I have a Beko DCU 8230. The dryer is not working and all the display lights flash repeatedly when it's switched on.
The drum light works but there is no movement.
I replaced the heating element as a one piece with wiring attached, but no joy.
I'm fairly handy at sorting things out when I know how, but I don't know what to do next.
????????
Cheers.
Paul.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Paul,

To confirm does every single light flash or just certain ones, and do they flash so many times eg 6 flashes, then a gap followed by 6 flashes?

I assume this has only occurred since changing the element, as this type of fault often suggests something isnt wired into the PCB correctly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, I changed the element to try to fix the issue.
It is a multiple of lights flashing constantly. There doesn't seem to be a pattern of flashes. I would say a flash every second.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Most sensor or element\motor faults would show up with certain lights showing up on the control panel which can be translated into an error code.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Right if all the lights are flashing this would signify a master fault, which would point towards the PCB which can be found here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did not realise significance of which lights flashing; so the 6h and 9h are flashing from the first column of lights so to speak.
The second column has both lights flashing; the clean filter and water tank full lights.
The third column has the top two of four lights flashing; the Drying and Iron Dry lights.
To summarise:-
Column 1 - bottom 2 of 3 lights.
Column 2 - top 2 or all.
Column 3 - top 2 of 4.And they all flash together at a rate of 1 flash per second roughly, constantly.Cheers.
Paul.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Paul,

I cant find anything which matches up with that LED flashing pattern, which makes me think it is a PCB failure.

However to be sure work yourself through the engineer \ service manual, a copy can be found here.

There is a fault chart later on in the manual, and if after that you still have questions drop me a message back.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Had difficulty finding the specific service manual as apposed to the user manual, but having looked at it I assume, having not done this before, that I need to follow the service test algorithms and try to diagnose as I go, with the electrical tester, because there is no obvious specific fault.
Is that about the size of it??????
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Paul I am afraid so, you dont often come across that many fault which hide like this but that is exactly what a service engineer would do if you paid them to come out, and lets face it with common sense and a multi meter its not rocket science, so would opt to do it yourself if you feel inclined to do so.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So it's time and confidence then, as I thought.
As I said, I haven't done this before. Do I leave it open ended with you in case I hit a snag or is this it and I log in again if I can't sus it out. What's the protocol now?
Happy so far. Obviously.
Cheers.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Paul, I suggest we keep this dialog open for next few days.

The question automatically times out if no response is received in 3 days.

I am also only paid for my services once you rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi James.
I may have more questions later, but do not have time at present to do the electrical testing. I'm back on shift.
I need to download the algorithms and wait for a clear few hours.
I've already rated you as excellent. And I am unaware of the app for members, and I'm not on an iPhone.
Many thanks. I'll come back later if I get stuck again.
Cheers.
Paul.