JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Beko DCU 8230. The dryer is not working and all the

Customer Question

I have a Beko DCU 8230. The dryer is not working and all the display lights flash repeatedly when it's switched on.
The drum light works but there is no movement.
I replaced the heating element as a one piece with wiring attached, but no joy.
I'm fairly handy at sorting things out when I know how, but I don't know what to do next.
????????
Cheers.
Paul.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul,

To confirm does every single light flash or just certain ones, and do they flash so many times eg 6 flashes, then a gap followed by 6 flashes?

I assume this has only occurred since changing the element, as this type of fault often suggests something isnt wired into the PCB correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I changed the element to try to fix the issue.
It is a multiple of lights flashing constantly. There doesn't seem to be a pattern of flashes. I would say a flash every second.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Most sensor or element\motor faults would show up with certain lights showing up on the control panel which can be translated into an error code.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Right if all the lights are flashing this would signify a master fault, which would point towards the PCB which can be found here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not realise significance of which lights flashing; so the 6h and 9h are flashing from the first column of lights so to speak.
The second column has both lights flashing; the clean filter and water tank full lights.
The third column has the top two of four lights flashing; the Drying and Iron Dry lights.
To summarise:-
Column 1 - bottom 2 of 3 lights.
Column 2 - top 2 or all.
Column 3 - top 2 of 4.And they all flash together at a rate of 1 flash per second roughly, constantly.Cheers.
Paul.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul,

I cant find anything which matches up with that LED flashing pattern, which makes me think it is a PCB failure.

However to be sure work yourself through the engineer \ service manual, a copy can be found here.

There is a fault chart later on in the manual, and if after that you still have questions drop me a message back.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had difficulty finding the specific service manual as apposed to the user manual, but having looked at it I assume, having not done this before, that I need to follow the service test algorithms and try to diagnose as I go, with the electrical tester, because there is no obvious specific fault.
Is that about the size of it??????
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul I am afraid so, you dont often come across that many fault which hide like this but that is exactly what a service engineer would do if you paid them to come out, and lets face it with common sense and a multi meter its not rocket science, so would opt to do it yourself if you feel inclined to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it's time and confidence then, as I thought.
As I said, I haven't done this before. Do I leave it open ended with you in case I hit a snag or is this it and I log in again if I can't sus it out. What's the protocol now?
Happy so far. Obviously.
Cheers.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul, I suggest we keep this dialog open for next few days.

The question automatically times out if no response is received in 3 days.

I am also only paid for my services once you rate the service received.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James.
I may have more questions later, but do not have time at present to do the electrical testing. I'm back on shift.
I need to download the algorithms and wait for a clear few hours.
I've already rated you as excellent. And I am unaware of the app for members, and I'm not on an iPhone.
Many thanks. I'll come back later if I get stuck again.
Cheers.
Paul.