JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

WASHING MACHINE WM14Q360GB FABRIC SOFTNER FROM THE DISPENSER

WASHING MACHINE WM14Q360GB FABRIC SOFTNER FROM THE DISPENSER DOES NOT FLOW INTO THE WASHER NEED TO ADD IT WITH THE FINAL RINSE
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query.

After a cycle, do you see water has filled up the softener dispenser section of the soap draw, or does it just look like the softener hasnt had water added to it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
has not added water
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still available
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding, this sounds likely to be a hardware fault where the water valve responsible for the softener dispenser has failed.

Its worth taking the soap draw out and lookup above the draw at the top and you should see three water outlets, the one which aligns to where the softener is (normally middle of the three), needs to be cleaned sometimes the jets get blocked up and its worth doing before ordering a new valve.

Please give me a few minutes to look up the cost of repair, if you would like an engineer to replace this part, please provide me with your postcode and I can recommend someone.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
CW8 2UR
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, due to the time of day its a bit of a struggle to get hold of engineer to get a quote.

Your looking about £40-50 labour cost to get an engineer out and about £30 part if its the valve, however as I mentioned earlier its certainly worth giving the outlet a good clean with hot water (with a bit of vinegar) to remove any lime scale and soap which may have blocked the jet to start with.

In terms of engineers I would recommend PJC on 01606 531144 or First Appliances on 07913 524710

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

There is a video here which shows you what you need to do, to clean the outlet (you can ignore it says its for Bosch).

James

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I WILL HAVE A GO AT CLEANING THE SYSTEM AS ADVISED IN THE VIDEO. CAN I STILL TALK TO YOU ON MONDAY?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Yes I will keep the question open, appreciate if you can rate the service received.

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I havent heard back from you, do you still require assistance?