JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I went into our caravan the other day to get ready for our

Hi there,
I went into our caravan the other day to get ready for our next outing and there was a very strong smell of ammonia. I had had the fridge on for two or three days to cool it down prior to the journey. I turned it off and isolated the supplies. We had to use our Sunncamp 3 way cooler box instead located in the awning.
My question is:- Is the fridge a rightoff or repairable.
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

As these units are 70% moulded units its often very difficult to isolate the leak, compared to a conventional fridge.

I would think your looking about £150 call out fee for a fridge engineer who looks after these models as they require a different certification and level of training.

From experience your best bet is to contact the caravan centre you use to service the caravan, as they often have local engineers who can look at it, and if you service your van with them you can often get a very good rate for repair.

James