Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

M I have Indesit fridge-freezer.Type CM02, model CAA55

Customer Question

M Hi. I have Indesit fridge-freezer.Type CM02, model CAA55 Freezer is working fine, but fridge is no cold and thermostat twist does not make any difference. light is working.
Can please you advise me how to repair
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

If you feel the compressor (big black pot) at the back at the bottom is it hot to touch?

Also if you feel the back wall inside the fridge and press on it does any part of it feel spongy?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1. Yes it is hot
2. inside back wall is not spongy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I prefer to type
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not want to be a member and did free trial, thank you. Please type me the command what can I do
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for that. Good news and bad news im afraid. The good news is it can be repaired if the back wall isnt spongy but the bad news is its not a cheap fix.

As the compressor is hot and theres no cooling in the fridge then this is going to be a system fault. Its more then likely a blockage in the system but it could also be a faulty compressor.

But for this fault you will need to get a fridge engineer in as it isnt a diy repair. They will need to put there gagues on the pipe work at the back to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at.

Now the cheapest option here is to get Hotpoint in on there fixed price repair. They do a fixed fee for £110 all in so no matter what it needs they will fix it for that price.

So they will call out and check it out. If its a blockage in the system they can then clear out and regass it from there or if the compressor has failed they can replace it.

This way will be a lot cheaper then getting a local engineer in as a regass from them is around the £150 mark.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

As to being a member then its not showing up as that as it just shows as a one off question. Its just giving you the option i think so if you dont want it just ingore it as its just a one off question that yo have asked.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If it is no DIY job how on line answer could help repair broken appliance in general? I could by a new fringe from the moment it is broken. unfortunately it didn't help me to solve my problem and I have no way to rate you
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Most faults can be repaired yourself but unfortunately as you can understand there are some faults that cannot be fixed yourself unless you have the equipment to do it. In this case this is one of them.

I have to give you an honest and full answer. Im sorry you cannot fix yourself but at least you know what the fault is and ive given you the best option if you wanted it fixing as the Hotpoint deal is the cheapest option other then getting a new one.

The rating isnt a case of rating on just fixing. Its the answer to your question which was why isnt the fridge cooling.