JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Hotpoint EXFL 1810 Hotpoint fridge/freezer -

Hi. I have a Hotpoint EXFL 1810 Hotpoint fridge/freezer - supposedly frost free - which was icing up. Telephoned supplier, they said to defrost it and then try it again for a while to see if there was any difference. I have defrosted it and switched it back on - nothing is happening, just two flashing ***** *****ghts - one marked super cool, the other super freeze with a green light in between them! Any ideas please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query this evening.

Firstly I have to say I have never found any fridge\freezer which is truly frost free, but some brands are better than others.

The green light is the power light to show its switched on, the two ***** *****ghts show its on the "fast freeze" setting for both the fridge (super cool) and the freezer (super freeze).

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James. When I posted the question, a few minutes ago, there was absolutely no sound at all coming from the fridge/freezer. Now, it is actually running, so hopefully it is in fact working!!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi James. A live phone call at this time is not necessary. Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem as long as the green light is solid, the flashing ***** *****ghts just state the fridge freezer hasnt got to a cold temperature (so is above the temp you should put items in the unit as its not cold enough), you shouldnt need to do anything the lights should stop flashing once the temp is reached.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks James - suitably reassured!! End.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received this evening