JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a beko dishwasher DW451 it seems that the salt isn't

I have a beko dishwasher DW451 it seems that the salt isn't being dispersed and glasses, glass bowels etc have a cloudy film. Can you help please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

A cloudy film can be a number of causes, it can be due to hard water, too much detergent\soap, or not enough rinse aid.

Since you have highlighted your not seeing the salt being used, this would suggest the fault is due to hard water as the water softener (which uses the salt) has stopped working.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello James, so what do you suggest I do, turn up the rinse aid dial? The salt was being used in the beginning, the dishwasher is only 6 months old. Many thanks Denice
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Denice,

The unit is still under warranty, I would start by turning up the water softener to its highest setting, give it 4-5 washes and see if the salt appears to be going down.

Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

If the salt doesnt go down I would look to arrange a service call under your warranty, you can arrange this by calling Beko customer services on 0845(###) ###-####/strong>, selecting option 1, they are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you James you have been very helpful. Denice