JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My indesit tumble dryer makes a grinding noise seemingly

My indesit tumble dryer makes a grinding noise seemingly from the front and low left of the door, (looking from the rear to the front)...any ideas.?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

A grating noise would normally suggest bearings going, however this wouldnt be located where you suggest, can you advise me of the model of Indesit dryer so I can look up what is located at the from lower left?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James
IDCE8450BSUK
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bernie,

It appears the bottom left is the condenser, I would remove the bottom panel, which should just pull down to remove it.

Then remove the condenser as per instructions here on page 3 of the manual.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Once the condenser is remove check inside the void and give it a clean out with a damp cloth, wash the condenser unit under the tap as shown in the manual then put it back in place.

Please let me know if you can see any obvious damage to the condenser or inside the void.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Condenser is cleaned regularly...checked again...no obvious blockage or obstruction.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

The most likely cause is the pipe which feeds the condenser has come loose and is making contact with the drum, if you open the door and rotate the drum by hand can you hear the noise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I would look to remove the back cover and see if you can see what is making contact with the front left side of the drum. You can normally just re-secure the pipe back in place, however it is rather cramped area to work in.

If you would prefer to have an engineer do this, please provide me with your postcode and I can recommend someone in your area to come out to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will remove the back plate and inspect further.
Thanks for your input.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

No problem let me know how you get on, and feel free to ask any follow up questions.

If you do find something please attach some photos so I can better visualise the problem.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do...thanks..'bye.