JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Drayton digistat 3. It shows the room temp as being 44

Drayton digistat 3 .
It shows the room temp as being 44 degrees and the limit on the stat is 32. It means the heating won't come on
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nigel, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query this afternoon.

This is a fault within the digitst, the thermistor which reads the ambient temperature has failed hence giving an incorrect reading which is shown on the display.

Unfortunately these units are not economical to repair, the cheapest option is to replace the thermostat.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

You can pick up a replacement for around £50 from Screw Fix and Wickes if your looking to get the job done this weekend.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. So that means it's a replacement unit?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you buy the same make and model, you can swap it out without touching any of the wiring as the back plate which terminates the wiring stays and you just clip a new one in its place.