Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Neff built in double oven U1524NOGB. The main oven

Customer Question

I have a Neff built in double oven U1524NOGB. The main oven was not heating which turned out to be the fan element. I've replaced this and the oven now heats up, however the temperature is not controlled. the red temperature light goes off when it reaches temperature but it continues heating! also when switching the fan oven to off or another position it trips the circuit breaker... Could this be the selector switch/regulator or something else? If it's likely to be the PCB maybe I should buy a new oven?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. My first thought are that the fault lies with the selector switch. I would suggest having a look at the switch and its contacts to see if it looks burnt. The switch should be less than £40 to buy and would be cheaper than a new cooker.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have ordered a replacement selector switch. I'll let you know how it goes when fitted. Thanks, Larry