carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

Bosh Wet/Dry shop vaccum Assistant: Thank you. Can you

Customer Question

hi Bosh Wet/Dry shop vaccum
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: it has two options. One to keep it on like regular vaccum. Other option is to use it with tool connected to it, when tool is turned on the vaccum turns on and when tool is turned off the vaccum turns of in 15 seconds. problem is that on tool mode it is running continually like regular mode
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. I suspect the problem is with the small control board inside the vacuum. If you could send me the model number of the vacuum. I will see if I can find a replacement board.

The board may be repairable normally there is a triac or thyristor on the board and it often goes short circuit. The triac is like an electronic switch. If you know someone who understands electronics and can solder it may be worth getting them to look at the board.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HiThe model no is GAS 35 L SFC+Thanks
Anil C.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Anil,

I have located the part I think you need and it is available here. Part is 8175 it is called a wafer. I would if possible remove the board from the machine to check part numbers. If you are able to remove the board and you have access to a multimeter I can help you confirm it is the board that is faulty.

http://www.mtmc.co.uk/Bosch-GAS-35-L-SFC-/-3601JC3060-Spare-Parts__p-92480.aspx