JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an ignis adl 148 dishwasher. It's built in to units

I have an ignis adl 148 dishwasher. It's built in to units and is slim small one. The other night it just kept going then when I opened it up in morning ing lots of steam and heat and everything seemed like covered in white residue. I had to wash everything by hand. All the programme lights are on as soon as you press power button I can't run test programme as it won't reset even if I u plug at mains.. just all lights on and it won't run a programme at all. Anybody can help with what the issue is please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

The most likely cause is a control board failure, are any of the lights flashing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No lights flashing at all. They are all on though. Where do I get the correct trolley board from and how much. Are they easy to fix myself?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

A new PCB can be purchased here, for around £150.

The part isnt overly complex to replace but can take some time as you have to remove the fascia of the door, gernally takes about 30 minutes.

James

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have ordered one thanks. But just want to check there is no other possibilities you can think of? As mentioned when powers on the light all come on together at same time and regardless which buttons you press stay on and never flash, do you have any tips on the board replacement please? The unit is built in with cupboard coloured door on front. I'm thinking I have to undo all screws around the inside facing rim as cannot see any others. Then find and replace the identical board.. Any ing else tips wise you can give please? I will rate after this. Thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

It is possible it could be a fault ribbon cable, it may also be a failed sensor, however I have seen exactly the same fault on a Ignis\Whirlpool machine last month and it was the control board, other faults caused by connections or sensors generally do not result in all lights being illuminated, and the "1 minute" error being shown on the display.

I had a look at your manual and there is no detail as to how to fit the door which is a first I have to say, normally there are screws on the side of the door, or the door is just clipped on. If you cant see any screws to the side, I would be inclined to remove the screws around the inner door then see if you can lift the front false door off the front (and by doing so will make the door easier to work with. Make sure you have some A4 paper to hand and place them in the order\location you take them off, as some are different thread and length so it makes it easier putting it back together, if you have the layout on the A4.

Removing the control board is just a case of using a screw driver to move the clips back which hold it in place, make sure you disconnect the unit from the power first and do not apply to much false as the clips are easily broken.

Its a good idea to take a picture of the board before starting to help remind you which plugs \ cables go where.

If you get stuck give me a shout.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** just wanted to follow up to see if you required any further assistance as I havent heard back from you recently?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi James, I plan to make the fix to the machine this weekend.. so is it ok to wait until tomorrow please? of course rating will be positive - just do not want to lose the information and the contact with you until then.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Not a problem, will wait to hear from you tomorrow Hiten.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. So I just managed to change the board and the machine seems to be running. Seems to be quite a bit of heat released when I open the door at end of cycles.. any thoughts on that? I am gonna run a cleaning cycle soon to hopefully clear up the residue type stuff built in there.. my worry is the heat being generated at the moment... I will however rate you now...
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

If there is alot of heat it may be the NTC (temp sensor) may be faulty, however it depends on what cycle you had it running on.

Remember for the dishwasher to dry the dishes it needs hot water at the end of the cycle, I wouldnt be too worried but continue to monitor it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi James. I ran a cleaning cycle with finish cleaner. So that was on 70 degree as you need to run it on 65 or higher. Haven't run a normal eco wash yet which is at 50 degrees and takes a couple of hours normally. I think the sensor may be packed up. Where about sis this sensor located and how easy is it to find and change, also do you have a link to where I could purchase the sensor from please? Thanks
Hiten
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Your model of dishwasher has a built in NTC which is part number 850870315000, and can be found here

I personally wouldnt look to replace this as its a £70 unit, and the dishwasher from what you have described appears to be functioning as expected.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. I unloaded the dishwasher today and noticed quite a bit of water in the bottom of the dishwasher. Seems like draining is a bit of an issue. How do I check this what can I use or do to make this better....help much appreciated please
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Hi Hiten,

This doesnt look like a connected issue, however I would start by checking the sump filter at the bottom of the dishwasher, as this controls how much water gets to the pump, secondly I would check the waste pipe isnt kinked in any way.

James

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hiya. Thanks. Where is the sump pump and is it easy to get to? I would be very surprised if it the pipe as mentioned before everything is built in and so I haven't touched the pipes at all.... is the sump where the food catching filter bit is?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Yes under the bottom rotating arm, is a metal mesh which strains the water, leaving debris, there should also be a plastic filter which rotates and comes out.

Looking at the number of faults NTC, PCB and now potentially the pump its looking as though this machine is beyond economical repair.

I would look at options such as repair and protect for around £150, put all the faulty (replaced parts) NTC and PCB back, call up and get someone like D&G here, to come out and repair the unit for you, you can then sell the spares you purchased on ebay, this would be a far more cost effective solution.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Sorry missed the link the D&G repair and protect website is here.