carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I think this is similar, however. Removed the assorted

I think this is similar, however. Removed the assorted gubbins that had accumulated in the filter. Drain function works and upon holding down the off button, it counts down, powers off and unlocks no probs. I can hear water going in at the start of the wash cycle but after the initial fill, there is a countdown going as normal on the wash timer and some clicking from within but no actual washing takes place. Any ideas please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm now sat outside looking at my bike which works and which I do understand ��
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Tim,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. When you removed the drain filter was it blocked?

Could you try a spin cycle and let me know if it spins?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the filter was full of rubbish, I'll start a spin now.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, spin cycle began the drain and program start but no drum movement. Belt?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

Did you find any coins? I have had a problem in the past with a coin blocking the air pipe to the pressure switch and then the machine cannot work out if it has enough water and just fills up and drains. To check this you would need to roll the machine on its side and remove all the pipes on the drain pump and check they are free from coins or blockages.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

Can you hear the motor spinning? it could be the belt or the motor brushes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
yup, coins and a rawl plug. Nothing else was visible but I'll pull the pipes and have a squint
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
pipes pulled, no obvious blockage. Filter rechecked, clean and lovely and the little impeller turns well. Drains well. Started the spin cycle. Clicking and some drain noises but nothing beyond that. No flashing icons, but no action, no spinning
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, no spinning. it's 5 years old, probs new machine time rather than bolting new bits onto an old device eh?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just looked up parts cost, and with labour, I'll go for a new machine. Cheers ***** ***** help Carl
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Tim,

I agree it would be worth getting a new machine unfortunately labour accounts for a large portion of repair costs.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All good, you've saved me a fair chunk of money, good advice, thanks :)
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

Please could you rate me so that I can close the question on my screen.

Many Thanks,

Carl