carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I have a large Smeg fridge freezer product no 7261345282.

Customer Question

I have a large Smeg fridge freezer product no(###) ###-#### Every time I close the door there is a loud gurgling sound like water going down a plug hole. This did not happen until recently and I have had the fridge for two and a half years. Have you any suggestions?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. When you close the fridge door air is forced into the fridge this is normally forced out through a drain hole at the back of the fridge there is water in the drain pipe and the air is pushing the water down the pipe into the defrost tray. I would suggest cleaning and checking the defrost tray and drain pipe

Here is an article on cleaning the defrost pipes and tray from smeg.

https://smeg-service.co.uk/support/index.php?mode=technical.support.knowledgeBase.article.view&kbArticleId=476

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Crl,I am sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I have been away.This morning I have removed every tray and sliding drawer from the fridge freezer and cannot find a drainage hole or defrost tray. I surely cannot be behind the fridge as it is very large to move. Can you advise me as to what to do if there is not a drainage hole.Thanks.Nikki