JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have built in ARG917, which a few years ago needed a new

Customer Question

I have built in ARG917, which a few years ago needed a new thermostat because it was not cooling. Now the opposite is happening, it is freezing too much, so much so the fridge half keeps forming ice on the back wall. Help?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query.

Firstly I should start off by saying this is most likely to be a faulty thermostat, previously it failed and was probably open circuit so the fridge control board was told it was always cold hence never turned on the compressor to cool. This time its likely the thermostat has failed as closed circuit, so constantly calling for coolant as the control board doesnt believe its cold enough.

The only real way to test is to disconnect the thermostat and see if the compressor goes off, if it does its the thermostat, if it doesnt then it will be a faulty control board.

If the control board has failed its probably uneconomical to repair as they the boards cost upwards of £100.

Please provide your postcode if you would like me to recomend an engineer in your area.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?