Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Zanussi ZDC67550 tumble dryer and my wife advised

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Zanussi ZDC67550 tumble dryer and my wife advised that it just stopped working - no lights no power but fuse is ok. I checked the two silver Ducati capacitors(I think?) down at the rear right hand side - the 4U one does not register on my ohm meter but the other canister at the front does - not sure if it is that causing the issue. The other thing I was looking for was the temperature cut out switch or fuse but failed. I did try Espares this morning but all I gt was music!
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: What else do you need? Andy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The model number should read Zanussi ZDC67550W - not sure if the W at the end makes a difference
Thanks - Andy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have 240v at the pink cable where it goes to the PCB
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

HI Andy,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. The thermal cutouts will be on the back near the element they normally stop the drier heating but the drum will spin. If it is dead I would suspect it is the PCB have you had a look at the PCB.

Are you able to send me a photo of the PCB.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Carl - I have undone about 6 small philips screws and two Torx fitting but cannot remove the plastic cover plate which seems to be stuck behind where teh knob is - does that come off somehow to release it? Andy
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

The knob should pull off and there may be some screws behind the knob.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Done it - there was one more torx fixing to the pcb
Expert:  carlday1 replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the photo could I have a close up of r120 are you able to measure the resistance of it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Resistance shows at 388 and close up photo attached- Andy
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi- have you got any comment on the resistance of R120 as I have not had any update since Monday- thanks Andy