carlday1
carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
69505510

I am having several problems with my Bosch induction hob: 1.

I am having several problems with my Bosch induction hob:
1. It only appears to work if the pan covers the entire circle of the individual hotplate. This is a real nuisance as it makes choice of pan so inflexible, but please let me know if there is no option.
2. If you move the pan even slightly the hotplate switches off (flashes) - is this right. Again a real nuisance, as you often need to move a pan briefly in various stages of cooking.
3. I thought one of the advantages of induction is that the hotplate cools down almost immediately. Mine takes ages to cool down.
4. Is it right that almost the entire surface of the glass get red hot - much too hot to put your finger on. The control button area stays simply warm, but well beyond the circumference of the hotplate gets red hot - almost to the outer edges of the entire glass plate.
Is there something fundamentally wrong here. I have only had the hob for a few weeks, and instead of making cooking easier it is a bit of a nightmare to be honest.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Hi Erina,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Are you able to send me the model number of your hob.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Carl. The model number is *****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am fine to do this my text rather than phone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please text
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What's happening?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Sorry I was working on other questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello.....
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ah OK. Are you free now?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Yeah.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The hob model number is *****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where do I find answers??
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Modern hobs do only work when a pan is on them so unfortunately they will turn the hob off when the pan is removed. I agree this can be a pain. I am looking to see if your hob has the option to turn this feature off

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks you. And is it correct that you can only use a pan that is the exact size of the hob
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

often yes you will need to cover the whole hob for the sensor to activate and turn the hob on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want to use a pan that is bigger, but sometimes smaller. The illustrations show that you can use a pan that is smaller, but that must be wrong - very misleading.What about the fact that the whole of the glass plate gets scalding hot, not just the hobs
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did you get that last question. It seems really dangerous!
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

I am concerned that the whole glass plate gets hot, induction hobs should be lower in temperature and not to the point you cannot touch the glass.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
this is a real worry for me. Even when the hob is switched off it takes quite a long time for the hob to cool down - is that normal?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Where did you get the hob from. I would advise calling the company purchased it off to arrange for them to come out and have a look at it because I dont think the glass so be very hot.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you please just confirm how long the hobs should take to cool down once they are turned off?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

I think the cool down period should be quite quick as well

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Would you say 30 seconds or 60 seconds?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

I think should cool almost instantly.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Induction Technology Induction hobs generate heat only where it is needed – in the base of the pan. What does this mean for you? More safety and more convenience. The lower temperature keeps both big and little hands safe from burning. Not only that, but an induction hob brings two litres of water to a boil twice as fast as a glass-ceramic hob, which also saves a great deal of energy.

The above is from bosch and I feel your hob is faulty as the whole area is hot.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's what I thought. That fact, plus the whole glass plate heating up seems all wrong to me. I bought the unit from ***** ***** in London. I will contact them and ask that they send someone out to check.Many thanks for your help.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

The hob area will be warm as the heat from the pan would have warmed the area where the pan was but it should not be hot.

carlday1, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have 5 years experience in repairing and maintaining small domestic appliances.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 months ago.

Your are welcome if you need any more help let me know