Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Neff W5420X/0GB washing machine has four flashing lights

Customer Question

My Neff W5420X/0GB washing machine has four flashing lights accompanied by a three beep alarm. The pump housing is clear and the pump is running. Can you identify the probable fault?
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Please could you let me know which four lights are flashing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Start, Spin400, Spin and Ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More information - The washing had completed it's spin cycle and the drum was empty of water. Clearly it was very near the end of completion.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I am just looking at the service information. I will get back to you shortly

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Could you try and reset the machine and let me know if the fault reappears.

Turn the appliance knob to the off or reset position, 12 oclock.
Turn the knob to the 6 oclock position.
Press and hold the spin button and while holding the spin button turn the knob to the 7 oclock position.
Continue holding the spin button for about 5 seconds then release the spin button and now turn the knob to off
When your turn it back on it should have cleared the error code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tried that. Result is no change.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting!!
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

please bear with me

Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to put the machine on a spin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the error is present whenever anything is selected. As I said It had completed a spin.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

How is the drain hose connected to your waste water? Are you able to remove it from the waste water pipe and place it in a bucket.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not easily, the machine is built in and not easy to get at the drain hose
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I did drain the drum when I checked the pump housing. Only a little water left in there after completion of the spin cycle.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Ok if you remove the pump filter do you get any water coming out? I think there could be a blockage and the machine still thinks there is water in the base.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very little water came out. There is no blockage around the pump which is free and runs. I checked as far as a finger can up the pump inlet pipe and there was no blockage.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you are you able to get the washing machine out? The fault code is pointing me towards water in the base of the machine and it has tripped the anti flood device or a blockage in the pipe. The only way to investigate further is to remove the back from the washer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not easily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we finished?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I obviously need an approved Neff Service Engineer to establish my problem. Do you agree?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry can't wait any longer am booking a Service Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I re-claim the fee paid please