Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Falcon gas range cooker and have, all day, been

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Falcon gas range cooker and have, all day, been trying to access the door catch to replace with a new one... so far we still can't gain access to the nut on the back. Is it necessary to completely remove both ovens ? or ?
Sharron
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sharron,

In most cases the catch is accessed by removing the hob from the top, what model of range do you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James
It is a 211-GGO its a 2 oven, grill and warming tray 120cm all gas range. The problem is the door catch on the lower left oven. We've taken the front cover off the bottom and the centre, but still can't access it. I have looked on-line and can't find anything there either ! Sharron
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sharron,

This isnt a consumer serviceable part, which may be why your struggling

Since this is a gas appliance I would recommend you call out a gas safe engineer, who can fit the part then retest the appliance, as it will need recommissioned.

There will be a gas council number on the rating plate which the engineer can use to lookup the instructions for fitting the catch.

If you would like me to recommend a engineer please provide your postcode.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** just wanted to follow up to see if you required any further assistance as I havent heard back from you recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James
I didn't follow up as you weren't really able to help me. As I live in France there was no point in my giving you our postcode for a gas engineer and unfortunately it is practically impossible to find someone here who will service Falcon or Aga cookers.
Thank you, anyway.
Sharron