Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

After doing a successful wash on saturday,i loaded up my

Hi,After doing a successful wash on saturday,i loaded up my hotpoint aquarius WMAL/641 G UK yesterday,The regular lights come on ,After pressing the pause/start button nothing happens,if left on all the lights on the control panel are flashing,Derek.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

When all the lights start to flash then look at the far right and you will see a row of lights down which is the cycle phase lights.

Number them from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom which is the door lock light.

So when the lights are flashing certain lights down them will be lit up.

Let me know which lights are lit up as this is the error code.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HI,the first light(door lock) and the 3rd light up are lit,also along the bottom the superwash/extra rinse/easy iron/time saver and pause/play are all flashing,thanks Derek

Ok if you have lights 1 and 3 lit while the others are flashing then this is error code F05 which is usually a blocked pump.

Not sure if you have checked the pump as you havent said so if not then remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom.

There on the right you will see the filter.

Remove the filter and check in there for any debris. Also look inside the pump chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there you will see the pump impeller.

Just check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the pump impeller up.

Check them first and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi,There was a small plastic cone about 15mm long , like the end of a silicon nozzle with no hole in it,removed this and some white gunk,checked that the impellor was free ,turned on the washer . left for a couple of minutes then pressed start/play,nothing then 1st and 3rd lights on

Ok so when you try and start a cycle does the door lock?

Do you hear the pump running before the lights start flashing?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi,you can hear the door lock coming on when you press play,and the bot***** *****ght comes on,there is a not buzzing but almost vibrating noise when the lights come on,can,t say that i hear the pump running,Derek

Is the vibrating noise comming from the pump at the bottom?

Set it going and listen very carefully at the pump and see if thats were the noise is comming from.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi,Yes i would say that the noise is coming from the pump,Derek

Sorry about all the questions, I just need to get a picture of whats happening in my head.

When you start it going how long does it make the noise for before the lights start to flash?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi,It takes about 10 to 15 minutes for the fault to appear,i opened the filter when the fault was on and the pump was running,The washer doesn,t seem to be letting any water into the drum,when you turn it on nothing happens at all,Derek

Ok the fault here is the pressure sensor im afraid.

If you remove the top of the washer at the front on the right hand side is the pressure sensor. Its either blue or it can be green. It will have a black hose going to the bottom of it and a blue wiring harness.

You need to replace the pressure sensor on this and that should cure the fault from there. If see this fault quite a lot on these where the pump runs for longer then it should and then ends up flashing the lights like its doing now.

So replace the pressure sensor in there and im sure that will cure the fault from there.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi,OK i,ll try that,thank,s Derek