JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Siemens fridge freezer with ice dispenser. It has

I have a Siemens fridge freezer with ice dispenser. It has stopped making ice and the top of the freezer is not freezing anymore. The internal water spout at the top of the freezer (above the ice cube tray) is hot
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

The most likely fault is ice has built up behind the back panel, and has blocked the circulation of coolant around the freezer. To remedy the issue (the cheapest and most straight forward) is to defrost the freezer over 48 hours, this will ensure any build up of ice is removed, and it should start functioning again after 4 hours of being turned on and reaching the freezing temperature.

If this doesnt work, the next step would be to call out and engineer as there could be a range of other issues causing the problem such as the circulation fan, defrost sensor, air duct valve, however I would say 80% of the time, a defrost will fix this type of fault.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** just wanted to follow up to see if you required any further assistance as I havent heard back from you recently?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Good evening, I havent heard from you in a while, do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi James,Thanks for your reply. I tried defrosting the freezer, plugged it back in and initially the top of the freezer appeared to be freezing (water in ice cube tray started freezing over), however the top of the freezer then stopped freezing while the rest of the freezer froze as normal. I felt the water pipe above the ice cube tray and this was hot again. Could this be part of the problem as it appears to melt the ice in the ice cube tray below it?
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

This sounds like a sensor issue to me, I would look to get an engineer out to strip the unit down and test each sensor (Defrost and temp) and rule out a PCB issue.

If you provide me with your postcode I can recommend someone in your area.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** in Dublin 14, Ireland
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

can you confirm if this is a american style fridge freezer (side by side) or if its conventional fridge on top freezer on the bottom?

Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

John, If its a conventional fridge freezer I would recommend National Appliance Repair on 086-8213041, they charge 70 Euro which covers call out and labor costs.

However its its an american style I would suggest you refer to Siemens directly on (01)(###) ###-#### selecting option 1 to book an engineer visit, they charge 95 euro for call out and labor costs.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Great, thanks!
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Appreciate if you can rate the service received by selecting the stars on the screen so I may resolve the case.